Sunday, August 26, 2012

LET'S DE-STRESS "STRESSTIMONY"

"Truly God is good . . . "  ~ Psalm 73:1

STRESSTIMONY??? What is Stresstimony?

"Stresstimony" is a Let's De-Stress original concept (Trademark) which conveys an incredible Stress Testimony. 

The primary purpose of Stresstimony is to observe how premier people of God addressed stress and sought to de-stress. Those who've pioneered paths from stress to de-stress can contribute powerful insight to those yet struggling. 

For our first Let's De-Stress "Stresstimony," we will interview an old biblical friend - nonetheless a mighty stress survivor - from Psalm 73; One who was an author of twelve Psalms, Music Director for King David, and a king of Judah . . . And now, the Stresstimony of ASAPH.  

LDS: Welcome, Asaph, so good to fellowship with you

ASAPH: "Truly God is good . . . " 

LDS: Indeed! So, what stressful situation are you going to share?

ASAPH: "But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled; My steps had nearly slipped. For I was envious of the boastful, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked." 

LDS: No doubt, "prosperity" can be a stressful subject, and dealing with the wicked tends to increase stress.   

ASAPH:  "They are not in trouble as other men, nor are they plagued like other men . . . Their eyes bulge with abundance;  They have more than heart could wish."

LDS:  In a way, yes - and in a way, no. Only God knows that.  

ASAPH:  "And they say, 'How does God know? And is there knowledge in the Most high?' . . . these are the ungodly, who are always at ease;  They increase in riches."  

LDS:  Nevertheless, focusing on situations of this sort elevates stress more.  Now, in the midst of your frustrations, what brought about your gyration from stress to de-stress?

ASAPH:  "When I thought how to understand this, it was too painful for me - Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I understood their end. . . Thus my heart was grieved, and I was vexed in my mind, I was so foolish and ignorant . . ."

LDS:   WOW! That's incredible! In other words, it wasn't until you went to God that you were relieved from all that anxiety and stress. God worked wonders with your flesh and your stress. 

ASAPH:  "My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."  

LDS:  That's precisely the commitment needed for those struggling with stress and in need of genuine de-stress. Asaph, have you any farewell words?

ASAPH:  "It is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God . . ."        

LDS:  And that's the thing about God's supernatural de-stress; it affords lasting relief and a loving relationship.  And that concludes our STRESSTIMONY!


Peace I leave with you  . . . 

No comments: